donderdag 23 december 2010

You are all self-defense

When the sun is out and shining             
your meanings are less dense                 
but when the moon is nearly full            
you are all self-defence
                          
you strive to keep your dignity 
while I try to enhance it                    
you seem to think the best way is      
to never ever even chance it
             
well I like living on the edge 
while you walk the straight and narrow 
you toe the line you drew yourself
in hope to stave off sorrow

you say you feel safe and secure
and I can well believe it
even if your world proved false
you'd still try to retrieve it

sometimes I'm weak with longing but
you're always strong with will
you say you've got a hunch I'm cruel
and yes, if I had to, I'd kill
repeat first verse


1976.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten