dinsdag 21 december 2010

Barbara

The theatre is empty
but I am still on stage
my partner left me here
should I weep
or should I fly into a rage ?
I don't know

the face that came to meet me
in the halls of ecstasy
was fashioned like a diamond
a thousand rays
of love's wild mocking fantasy
turn me on


        baby you say you will
        ah but then I fear you won't
        baby you say you do
        ah but then I think you don't

you want things to be vague
and I like them to be clear
I still think it's a pity
that it died
still that's the message I hear
and it's gone

I went to see the snow
on the trees out in the park
yes, laughter and a snow-fight
but inside
there was no light, all was dark
yes it's over


      refr.


1975. Tokyo (Barbara Rees)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten