maandag 20 december 2010

All must fall

Driving drunk and dazed and dreaming
lost in phantoms of my fantasy
where I build you and rebuild you
into the myth that only I can see

and the sweet smell of the grass
makes me think and think of all that was
all your beauty and your glory
as you played and played your story

        all must fall, it's true
        but when the call, for you
        then finally came
        it was a crying shame
        that all must fall

after all this deadened time
under the skies like frozen seas
I still don't really know what's mine
when I look at the grass and the trees

         refr.

                       clocks and watches measure time
                       but it don't matter, it ain't mine
                       or yours now, nothing rhymes


1988.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten