dinsdag 14 december 2010

Arm in arm with the moon

You were wearing cheap perfume
and I was more than halfway drunk
clouds of smoke filled up the room
the jukebox played outdated funk

and my head was full of blues
I called out for another round
sullenly I talked to you
I don't know how but then we found

     that we danced in the arms of the moon
     and like in all bad poetry
     the morning came too soon
     as we danced arm in arm with the moon

the streets stank of the harbour
there was vomit on the pavement
a pity, but we rather
smiled and cherished every moment

still my head was full of blues
and shouting for another round
as I madly talked to you
and wildly raving on we found

    refr.


1988. Wannes Van de Velde bracht mij in contact met Norbert Detaeye die een tekstschrijver zocht. Zo werd Arm in arm with the moon het titelnummer voor Norbert's CD uit 1989

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten