dinsdag 21 december 2010

Bedroom eyes

I saw a statue standing
it was talking to some wall
under the starry eyes
of the satellite skies
it was the spitting image
of the archer as he tries
to hit that William Tell pose
and the arrow goes, it goes

             into them bedroom eyes
             oh I'd apostatize
             all for them bedroom eyes (2x)

so I saw a statue standing
talking to some wall
so cold it looked like
the very picture of us all
so cold so cold
in a world that's grown old
so cold so cold
in a world that got sold

           unto them bedroom etc.

beyond the hill there's fighting
and my shares have just gone down
maybe I should be frightened
as I'm lying on the ground
so cold so cold
but I don't know if I care
I guess I've grown much too old
so I do nothing but stare

        into them etc.

I saw that highway sun rising
like a flag being hoisted
looks like my first erection
said the boss and here's what I said
if my time is your money
and my bread is your leasure
I'll be circling like a planet
high in an orb of pleasure

     all for them etc.



1981.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten