maandag 27 december 2010

Get away

Everyday together on the bus
still things never worked out for us
lunchbreak at half-past eleven
and she don't get home till seven
some days she sits in front of me
or next to me and we touch knees
but then we never talked together
god how can I ever tell her ?


           we just never took a chance
           tho' it was there everyday
           we just never took a chance
           so we didn't get away
           get away get away get away

I wonder do you ever think of me
going home alone at night
at times I guess you really do
I can see it in your eyes
I'm quite sure you've never loved a man
is it a blessing or a curse ?
like I never dared to love no woman
I was afraid of getting hurt

          refr.

times are getting worse now, ain't it ?
because everybody's on the dole
you start to think of changes when it's
half-past nine, you're in the cold
in the queue outside the ugly office
where we get our daily stamp
the clerk inside he clean forgot what love is
he treats us as if we were tramps

        refr.

             get away from the sadness
             get away feom the madness
             get to see a better day
             get away get away get away


1974.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten