maandag 13 december 2010

When you're over it

well I've been a man of too many words
but I don't wanna say much today
and I was a boy of too many songs
but they sure don't come easy these days

well the city was bright and the friends were alright
and sex was all guesswork and looks
we'ld all be great artists, remarkable men
famous for paintings and sculpture and books

well I fell for Danna but she didn't for me
so that autumn I crawled like a wreck
painfully romantic but you cannot complain
when you're over it baby, you've got a full deck

        when you're over it
        all over it
        when you're over it
        you will see
        you may be over it
        all over it
        well you're over it
        but you're still not free

then came the time when the only thing going
was getting right out of your head
the first time was funny, the second time too
but at times later I felt I'd rather been dead

the first fire's gone, good times don't come cheap
these days for those people who dreamed
of peace and plenty, freedom, you name it
and their errors it seems, will not be redeemed

they're out on the dole, or sick in some hole
their love knows all jealousy's poses
or they drive their fast cars and succesfully snort
their slippery money way up their noses

     refr.
     
1978.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten