vrijdag 31 december 2010

Song for An

So now you've got two babies
just like you did pray
one can see your heart grow stronger
with the slipping of the days

so now you've got two lovers
sleeping on your breast
you're like drowned in  eiderdown
with their heavy peaceful rest

          love don't come easy
          love is slow
          love don't come easy but
          it's the only thing you know

so now you're finally married
and I used to know your man
him and me we're nearly strangers
but we're doing the best we can

someone took me travelling
someone took me unawares
that someone spent me spinning
someplace I could never share

      refr.

you sure were fun to watch with
your red apple-cheeks aglow
holding on to that fat belly
that would only grow and grow

so now you've got two babies
just like you did say
the doctor didn't believe you but
then he's never learned to pray

    refr.


1979. (voor An Onzea)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten