zaterdag 18 december 2010

Baghwan Baby

you've got them whirlpool eyes
and I'm sinking like a stone
drifting down below
into that narrow margin far from home
you've got them tell-tale eyes
and I'm flowing with tide
drifting way beyond
upon that slipstream darkness on the side

         outside the ken
         of knowledge and
         I'm your plaything and your toy
         I'm a hopeful boy
         with a Baghwan baby
         a bloodred lady
         a Baghwan baby
         a Baghwan baby yeah

you're all dressed up in bloodred
well are you a follower ?
and did you listen
to the preaching as it got hollower
as the money rolled in ?
So now your master is leaving
for them richer shores
and the Indian poor sure won't be grieving.

           refr.


you and your lighthouse eyes
like twin TV's in the dark
thunderclap silence
over endless landscapes in my heart
so it's off the deep end and
why don't you fall with me
yes so romantic
but with a wink so nobody gets hurt

      refr.

1981. (Bieke)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten