maandag 27 december 2010

He don't belong here

Daddy took death's road
so I hardly knew him
when in my dreams he beckons
I half-heartedly shoo him
away 'cause he don't belong
in the nightmare present
I'm alive, he isn't
I do my homework and he doesn't

       he don't belong here (2x)
       and it's all too clear
       that he ain't worth the tears
       he don't belong here (2x)

mother wasn't lucky
so insurance agents
brokers, diffident painters
came and went like an endless pageant
and when the game got rough
there was a showdown in the bedroom
the cups on the table sang
the dirges of the day of doom

       (and they went:)
       refr.

computer lights flash
winking from way beyond
where it chose my perfect lover
I'm a virgin and she's blond
while I sleep on the table
she haunts the wicked wood
I am in the furnace
and she's singing like I knew she would

     (she goes:)
     refr.


1980.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten