dinsdag 14 december 2010

Crazy wind

I will not look through your window
tho' you swear it's clear and clean
I don't want to see the freak show
'cause that's one place I have been

when you've felt too unprotected
you stake money on tall walls
to keep out the unexpected
to shut out the whining call

       of the crazy wind that's raging
       all around us are we're ageing
       crazy wind around our heads
       crazy wind in what is said
       about the living and the dead
       crazy wind

I was aiming for perfection
so I lost out in the end
it took ages in detention
for this mind of mine to mend

they taught us sacrifice before
we knew 'bout satisfaction
all life looked like a hardware store
and our hearts were out of action

        in the crazy wind etc

I will ride your secret highway
celebrate your antelope
as it leaps I cannot gainsay
its resounding song of hope

      while the crazy wind is raging etc.


1991.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten