vrijdag 17 december 2010

He's dead, he's safe

He loved me up, he loved me down
he bruised my lips, he bit my breast
we moaned and groaned and cursed the dawn
we prayed we'd never have to rest

           he took my life into his grave
           driving right into that tree
           maybe his soul was finally saved
           wish I could say the same for me

I went to church and to the graveyard
and then came home to soothe kids
I couldn't handle them, I hated
the sight of them 'cause they were his

             refr.

my mind just snapped, the funny farm
was where they took me for some peace
I moan and groan and curse the dawn
I always had my life on lease

        refr.
                   he's dead, he's dead
                   the life we've led
                   means nothing
                   now he's rotting in his grave
                   I am lost and he is safe


1979. De bittere coda heb ik letterlijk uit de mond van een vriendin gehoord

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten