vrijdag 17 december 2010

Nice to be on top (So it goes)

Bread and butter journalist
puts nothing on the line
he's asking the prime minister
"sir, are we doing fine ?"
"yes we are, and you know we are
because look at all the cars
and the happy people driving them
the democratic fire in them"


          Nice to be on top
          cut out for the job
          nice to be on top
          so it goes
          so it goes

the astronauts were coming down
they were feeling out of sorts
"the moon's too cold, and Mars is red
space offers no resort,
but please don't quote me saying that
because you know where I'm at
frontpage news, space odyssey
the zealous zest a-driving me"

         refr.


The football star, the cyclist kingpin
they stammer as they win
" I...I...I will lick'em all
before they do me in"
She struts her stuff in her G-string
and does those nasty things
 executives, class editors
will pay right thru' the nose for her


    refr.


1978.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten