maandag 20 december 2010

When I walk you home

You come in running naked and shouting
but something stops you dead in your tracks
so you put on your protective shield of
foreboding checking it for cracks
protective shield of foreboding
so she doesn't know whom she's holding
by the light of her own liquid face

        but I'm so proud
        when I walk you home
        enjoying both our bodies
        when I walk you home (3x)

I'm a child in  its cot and I'm sleeping
in an orchard in bloom on a hill
in the middle of the continent
with its heart just like a violin
but should someone trace
your dreams to their place
protective shield of foreboding
so you don't know whom you're holding
and her smile is a weird unsolved case

        refr.


1976. Denise

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten