maandag 27 december 2010

The Raven

Love-lane, what a street !
when you're out of bricks to build your place
there's no one there to meet
but all too many to chase

looking for our song
that tho' it's never been performed
was at our fingertips
kepts us from all harm and warm

      its fragrance
      like a net in the night
      the orchard
      when it blossoms is white
      but your hair
      is like a raven in flight
   

               you say that time ain't no bother
               and you wanna know
               what's important to me
               well it's funny when they ask you
               such a thing in such a way
               there ain't nothing much you can say
               hey !
               you baby, only you today !
               you ! don't look at me that way !

love-lane what a street !
go on out and stake your claim
I felt so incomplete
all weak and knackered and maimed

the raven 's black as death
flies alone without a break
she paints my every dream
I've taken all that I can take

        refr.


1976.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten