dinsdag 14 december 2010

Radio connection

My love listens to the wireless
she's glued onto the radio
and everything I do or don't
she doesn't care, she doesn't know

Newsflash, weather forecast, love songs
they're like food and drink to her
and I pace the floor and mutter
first a blessing then curse

I was feeling oh so lonely
I was feeling so let down
wondering everyday how I could
ever make her come around

So I drove out on the highway
had the car-phone in my hand
got onto the phone-in talkshow
hoping they would understand

well the deejay got the message
and he put me on the air
I could see my love at home then
I could see her stop and stare

when I got home she was smiling
and she said she'd done me wrong
I said hush! and turned the sound up
shouting hey ! ain't that our song !




(1991. Een namiddag dat jaar belde Norbert Detaeye mij met de boodschap dat hij de volgende dag voor de EBU (European Broadcasting Union) een song moest opnemen in de studio's van het Flagey-gebouw. De tekst moest iets met de radio te maken hebben en zou in een simultane uitzending van alle Europese radio's aan bod komen. Diezelfde avond heb ik hem via de telefoon deze tekst gedicteerd. Als beloning mocht ik de opname in dat prachtige gebouw met zijn beroemde studio bijwonen. Fijn.)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten