zaterdag 18 december 2010

White room

Sweet Rosy said she'd take me away
to a place where I'd like to stay
we went up to the house and stood in the hall
and I wasn't thinking at all

Upstairs and there's not a soul to be seen
the sun makes my shadow a scream
I'm left behind in a spacious white room
all ready and right for the broom

         I can look outside see the girls as they walk
         I watch their lips move as they talk
         they left me some paints and I'm drawing a lot
         just don't know if I'm alright or not

one woman came and she lay on my bed
a strange smile but nothing was said
I remember her dress, an elegant white
it's all round me in dreams every night

she went as she came all silent and sad
all alone and I'm feeling so bad
don't know if I miss her it's so hard to tell
when the water's all drained from your well

      refr.


1973. Door Norbert Detaeye getoonzet voor zijn CD Still a child uit 2001

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten