donderdag 13 januari 2011

Stranger's song

I ask in a tongue that you'll never understand
but my heart just like yours obeys the same command
I ask for protection and love from your life
the same I will give you, and so will my wife

we came here as lovers, we came here as friends
you stand on your own ground, yet serve the same ends
our rings will adorn you, your lace we will wear
in wars and traditions, in circles and squares

now I want to watch you all through the years
for despite all distances I've always known you near
and as time passes then someday maybe
I'll forget 'bout looking so I can see

our bodies seem burdens, our heads feel like hell
and everyone insisting there's a heaven just as well
but these are just pictures in cold shiny frames
and if I just see you, I'll be rid of my names


       and if I see you
       I'll lose you no way (2x)


1972.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten