donderdag 13 januari 2011

Living with the master

The light softly lingers and yet the day
it silently sighs and then passes away
we live in the mountains and from my window
I watch the gloom spread in the valley below

on snow with its gold rim far up above
the strange gods of old dance and later make love
there's eagles a-gliding like ships on the wind
and the slopes full of marigold, lilies and mint

      living with the master
      living with the master
      time and space
      and all humankind
      reflect in his body
      his speech and his mind

I climbed to the house one day early at dawn
the mirrors of dew were spread out on the lawn
and tho' I's kept waiting for quite a long time
god how could I mind as I's feeling so fine

I watched as the gold of the sky and sun
was coming together in heavenly fun
I don't know for how long I sat there enthralled
until his voice diamond-hard called

       refr.


the man on the terrace, his body a rock
now leaves all doors open you don't have to knock
he has what you need and he doesn't hold back
you ask for a purse and he gives a full sack

at noon all is bright as I walk in the hills
my heart satisfied and each sight is a thrill
I'm on my way home and I know I'll arrive
with a body of feathers and a mind like a knife

    refr.


1973. Darjeeling (Kangyur Rinpoche)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten