vrijdag 21 januari 2011

Down the river

The little girl smiles shyly
and her brother wonders
I've got my red hat on
and the old man ponders
the clouds and the mountains
wind kissing my eyelids
on the mirrors of water
where the sun-jewels sit
as we go down the river.

There's gaps in the forest
and its blanket of green
the little girl sleeps now
and her small brother is keen
on caressing her as she dreams
of bright ribbons that look gay
and I think of my friends
I hope the feel OK today
as we go down the river

And your mind is bound to wander
when you're going places
to the past and to the future
and the old familiar faces
that shared your joys and sorrows
that were with you in the night
but I find now I'm at ease
and everything is quite allright
as we go down the river.


Januari 1975. Noord-Thailand, in de jungle nabij de Birmaanse grens.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten