donderdag 20 januari 2011

Pre-dawn flight

Dawn creeps up behind my back
flying home again
been away a long long time
going back today

      seen so many people fighting
      elbowing their ways
      through their days
      and through the pipe-dreams
      flying home again

morning glistens on the big wings
of the metal bird
seen so many untoward things
felt so often hurt

     going back to friends and lovers
     ain't it good to know
     wherever I go I can return and
     feel the same old glow

I've been up the high hills 'neath
the shiny snowy peaks
I saw the witches dancing and
I got drowned in their shrieks

     I saw a thousand beggars
     while looking for the saints
     in a country know for holiness
     it felt all so quaint

and now as I come back again
I feel I love the lowlands
with slow mist on moist meadows
and the black crows in the sky
black crows in the sky


I'm going back
home again
yeah
flying home again
flying home again



1973. Vlucht New Delhi-Amsterdam met An.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten