maandag 3 januari 2011

Cloud nine

Well I saw you with your mother
she's an oyster to my mind
producing such a pearl
that I would have no other

your image fills the whole sky
but I can't see your face
your features always shifting
yes' you're one of a long line


           cloud nine
           all mine
           cloud nine
           shine shine shine
           cloud nine

parts of me were on the loose
clearly driving me insane
now they're back together
became one to look at you

on this world, this wayward bus
I found a vacant seat
starting to feel differently
thinking in terms of "us"

          refr.


I don't know if I'm better
but then I couldn't get much worse
to take part in the blessing
is to understand the curse

I don't know if I'm clever
and I don't know if I'm dumb
but since you've been around me
I sure have stopped feeling numb

     refr.


1976. (Denise) Door Ludo Mariman op muziek gezet en uitgebracht als single in 1990

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten