vrijdag 7 januari 2011

Blesséd be the days

Sometimes when the sun is out
and spring is in the air
I feel the chances are good
that I'll meet you and you'll care
I'll roll my old life up in a ball
and bury it ten foot deep
and walk away and leave it
in the local spirit's keep

Every song I'll ever write
I know you'll guide my hand
to lay it down so I can
slowly come to understand
the past is dead, the future's naught
they're floating in the breeze
that carries them beyond the river
where all feelings freeze

You won't ask me whom I've been
and I won't know your name
how old you are, how bold I am
and how and whence we came
it will be all the same to us
and blesséd are gonna be the days
and we there to embrace them and
then never to part ways.


1976.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten