zaterdag 8 januari 2011

Frightened of the light (The circus is in town)

The circus is in town
but I'm afraid it's gonna burn
the tied-rope walker dances
but things may take a bad turn
the fire-works explode
and my daddy's strong and tall
but staring into the night
I know, even he is bound to fall

Must be 'bout ten years now
that we dream of being stars
in fantasy trying to
be so much more than we are
our hearts are like coffins
burning on a bloated sea
yes we have always been
barking up the wrong tree

          we grew up worried
          we grew up frightened of the light
          we grew up worried
          we grew up frightened of the light

wait for good times to come
but that don't work by my lights
we lose them 'fore we win them
by praying for them every night
I used to sing my lines
to stear clear of too much pain
but I can't pull the trick now
my blood's turned into ice and rain

           refr.

               coda: the circus is in town
                        but I'm afraid it's gonna burn


1976.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten