zaterdag 8 januari 2011

Daddy keep up

I went to see the show
as my kids wanted to go
I'd rather put my daughters in a convent oh you know

the singer looked so weird
he was all eyes and beard
the people there went wild and then I got my white shirt smeared

the guy pulled down his pants
a sea of reaching hands
oh really god, please help me, I just cannot understand

          there's been a time
          I was important
          now they shove me aside
          saying it's OK, we're mutants
          I can' believe it
          I just can't believe it
(parlando) I remember the war, I remember the fighting
                 the country overrun, they took our town and Hitler rolled in astride his tank
                 I remember the fires, I remember the bombs and the fear and how that stank
                 but you weren't there and now you don't care
     
          can't you go slow
          I wanna know



1973.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten