vrijdag 7 januari 2011

Belgium

I took a flight into Brussels
but I didn't dare to get off
when I saw their fat faces
I grew afraid of the cops
standing in a line
their machine-guns well shined
   
       but it's my country
       and it's my home
       it's still my country
       Belgium

you buy a farm and you think
I'm sitting pretty right here
but then the next thing you know
they'll build a speedway right near
and it ain't getting better
a promised land for go-getters

        refr.

better not do as you feel
best to fit in the machine
don't dance too wild, jumpt too high
boy you better keep your nose clean
go to church, clutch your hanky
or vote for more hanky-panky

       refr.

the Dutch keep saying we're dumb
and that we're Europe's worst joke
they may be better off now
but that ain't no reason to poke
fun at our plight
'cause though nothing is right
  
       it's still my country etc.


1976.  Met Den Toestand live uitgevoerd in voorprogramma The Damned in auditorium Paul-Émile Janson te Brussel in 1977.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten