vrijdag 28 januari 2011

Bar piece

I see you with your face of stone
I must be chilled halfway to the bone
and so I turn to dreams
'cause you won't get me home
right there in the shadows
you're like an eye of glass
some eagle on the grass
that thinks the sky is a cage
unable to contain its rage
eating up the harvest of a happy love
it scatters just to pass
into the vision of a wayward tramp
who's singing of his misery
his untrammeled memory.
And have you killed the beast that paid your fare
and paved your way and fed at the feast ?
Have you frowned and bought up the medallions
the mediocrity of pain lost without passion
and have you dived and sat upon
that lotus of eternity
where father couldn't teach you
and the preacher couldn't reach you ?
I gues it must be paradise
and justice without end
I hope you like it there.


1979

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten