maandag 3 januari 2011

(Hold me) Like a wish

Burn down the house of the lord
make it crumble
make it fall

hoist the white flag
hoist the white flag now
say I surrender
I surrender
and
  sing a song with no words 
  leave it all to the birds

living on the edge
dancing on the ledge
it's so good
tho' it hurts you

fire red and gold in the sun
when the day of dread is done
take a chance now
in a trance now

 and sing a song with no words
 leave it all to the birds

is it called patience when you
start to forget what you knew
is it easy ?
is it hard ?

they say he's a good man at times
but then is he stupid or wise ?
it's no wonder
you go under

    refr.

most of his life felt like ice
but he had luck once or twice
lover's learning
love is turning

between the sea and the lake
so many shapes she can take
all the forest
or one small tree and

    refr.

meet me at the newsstand tonight
I'll be on the edge of the light
there's ten jokers
there's ten clowns

joking, juggling, rolling along
looking at a dream and a song
hold me closely
like a wish and

    refr.

1975. Kyoto.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten