vrijdag 7 januari 2011

Love gone dry

If you're for going out
and I'm for staying in
don't know where trouble ends
but I know where it begins

If I'm for giving in
but you ain't giving out
you know that we're in trouble
and you know what it's about

           oooh tell me why
           has love gone dry ?

the sky is overcast
it's like a big grey fence
it's been like that for days
and has us feeling tense

so go out for some more beer
and smoke another pack
and I curse you as you're leaving
'cause I know you won't be back

         refr.

I used to walk the streets
so happy 'cause of you
right now the tunnel's dark
seems there's just no getting through

you try to touch my arm but
you can't shake that phantom look
that has us playing parts
right out of a comic book

     refr.

we don't know where we're from
so we don't know where to go
but between birth and dying
there is little more to know

a slave fights to be free
and a free man wants his pay
a young man claims his birthright
and an old man wants to stay

     refr.


1977.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten