maandag 10 januari 2011

Splitting apart

If you are to open my heart
you've gotta tear it apart
yes you wanna get close to who's near
but it could take you too far

           come on down
           turn around
           to heaven

If I am to take you to task
too many questions to ask
come on  let's get out in the sun
bet it ain't too hot to bask

           refr.

                      I saw your ships a-sailing
                      with the white foam trailing
                      and the Sirens wailing
                      but I was on the bus
                      that's how things are with us

I'd hold you and like grass you would yield
to get under my shield
harvest time, running horses and dust
hanging over the fields 

            refr.


an empty house like a broken machine
I don't know where we have been
sun is hot, painting pictures in blood
I wish I'd never had seen

          refr. 1 + 2

1977

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten