donderdag 3 maart 2011

You are my everything

Like a stamp or a key
I was found and lost
you made me feel
like a coin that was tossed
never my baby
sunshine or rain
I will come running in vain

          oh You
          you are my everything
          I said, You
          you are my everything

like a glass of champagne
bright on a tray
all dressed up in silk
and with eyes full of dreams
I'm nearly ready to scream

            refr.

I will be in your band
I will be blowing my horn
all the while thinking, girl
that's why I was born
but you tell me baby
saying time after time
and just for your own peace of mind

          refr.

                            walking on needles
                            and walking on sand
                            when you feel tired
                            just grab my hand
                             we're like children
                              playing and playing
                              kissing again and again and again

          refr.
       


1989. Door Ludo Mariman op muziek gezet en in 1990 door Ben Crabbé en zijn toenmalige coverband the Floorshow uitgebracht als single (CNR Records)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten