vrijdag 4 maart 2011

Late for the sun

I sit and I play
guitar in the station
the people passing by
they're the pride of the nation

       but they're
       late for the sun (2x)
       for the sun now

the old men debate
and then one pronounces
on reasons and rhymes
and on just how fate pounces

       too late for the sun (2x)
       for the sun now


                    fearing the future
                    regretting the past
                    your soul is so callused
                    you don't know how it can last

they tell me we're rivers
then where is the sea ?
oh yes we are water
baby both you and me

          but we're etc.

like a third world country
helpless and poor
I'd love to be growing
'cause that what I came for

          refr. 1 + 2



juni 1983, Kyoto

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten