maandag 7 maart 2011

Somebody's waiting

There may be something on the news
some court-jester dancing
to some star-studded wallet tune
some politician prancing
there may be something in the air
it may be snow it may be rain
some people find their houses ablaze
others die riding out on a train

      but I guess, oooh I guess
      something, somebody's
      waiting for me
      somebody's waiting for me

Might be sometime out on the street
that final car that you just don't see
some scene out of a painting
all about mortality
something, somewhere might be wrong
tell me, how else do you think it could go
your mama might be betraying you
just like that, what do you know


       refr.

God I do not know this building
and the curtains are all wrong
I forgot what day we are
still I guess I can't stay long
maybe when I'm making a speech
some crucial crowded meeting
eyes are following me from the shadows
sending them checkmate season's greetings

   refr.



1980. Track 2 op Ludo Mariman's CD They say uit 1993.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten