dinsdag 1 februari 2011

Song for John

Now I never listen to the wireless
but today my ears were tireless
rock station till way past midnight
getting stoned and getting tight
"Imagine" but I'm just too sad
A day in the life that was too bad
so hard to picture the absurd
I was flabbergasted when I heard

           (how) fame and fortune didn't kill you
           nor the managers and fans
           acid didn't finish you
           and you got over maharishi too
           the gossips and the lawyers tried
           still they never got your hide
           but that fucker with his gun sure did
           and my sixties died when you were hit

early and middle sixties in school
where they fashion the authorities' tools
your songs were the only thing real
grabbed me by the balls and thought me how to feel
family reunions and football
were not where it was at at all
every new single, every album
such expectation, so much fun

       refr.

9/12/1980. John Lennon

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten