maandag 21 februari 2011

Mama Blue

So you were gonna be a genius
much better than the rest of us
shining bright like Halley's comet
anything I want, you've got it
but do you think I call it living
when you don't know a thing 'bout giving
one day I'll call your bluff
your smiles and wiles won't be enough

       'cause when  your heart
       stops telling you
       where to go and what to do
       you're gonna find it hard to
       get away from Mama Blue

So you have walked upon the water
talked to me like I's your daughter
counting all the frozen stars
and started living in the bars
but do you think I find it funny
when you sneer at me but call me honey
knowing you can't reach me now
there's nothing you can teach me
hey hey

     refr.

1985. Door Jan V. op muziek gezet en aan Lou Deprijck gepresenteerd voor Viktor Lazlo die er in de States een proefopname van maakte met de toenmalige Count Basie Orchestra. Het nummer haalde helaas de eindselectie voor haar album niet.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten