donderdag 10 februari 2011

Devil or doctor

I followed you right to the end
of every dead end avenue
I was talking to the river
going round the bend
praying that your aim was true
and that we'd both be on the mend

        Are we crazy or sane
        are you devil or doctor
        can we come and go again ?
        and she whispered as I rocked her
        am I devil or doctor ?

Lead me round this blacked-out ballroom
with glasses tinkling in the dark
as they're talking to the river
of time beyond doom
teaching me love for a lark
god knows sometimes it comes too soon

        refr.

You know the morning rain's sweet smell
and I sure know it's 'cause of you
as you're talking to the river
knowing oh so well
how we tasted different brews
but that's a secret I won't tell


       refr.


1991.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten