zaterdag 5 februari 2011

I don't want to fall in love

Your heart is with someone else
and mine is up in flight
my feelings roam aimlessly
while your feeling is tied
so I'll be a friend of yours
content to look into your eyes
that's a simple pleasure
while I know you tell me no lies

watch the candles burning
and compare them to the moon
come a little closer, see
the night slip into the room
we're safe here from the clouds
and that fog and autumn rain
yes the year is turning
into darkness once again

    I don't want to fall in love
    still it's your eyes I'm thinking of
    I don't want to fall in love
    but it's you I'm thinking of

Every night you're writing
to your dealer friend in jail
that's an angel's work for sure
sending love right through the mail
I'll hear your confession
because being with you is so nice
it's a simple pleasure
and I know you'll tell me no lies

I make my mistakes just
like any naked child
and you know what a child is like
it just samples the sights
so meet me on the corner
you know where I can be found
you won't have to look far
as I'm always hanging round

     refr.

19 en 20 september 1981. Bieke

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten