zaterdag 5 februari 2011

(I think I'm going to) The Passion Play

I've been in this world so long now
I should know everyone on any street
so you go out with that notion
but you don't remember when you meet
the multitudes, just who they are
and you don't know what they feel
so you build'em up from scratch
and you tell yourself it's real

         the walls are full of Tibetan posters
         advertizing love
         every traffic light is green
         every traffic light turns green
         and you know just what that means
         I think I'm going to the passion play

so ask the spirits for a name
for what they'd call you in a trance
go ask them for their poetry
for the sounds that make'em dance
their visions and their stolen dreams
the nightmares that survive them
when their restlessness abides
by the rules that roughly guide them

       refr.


21/8/1981

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten