zaterdag 19 februari 2011

Inch by inch

I met your eyes across the room
I felt uncertain, a buffoon
you looked smooth and quite complete
I felt uncertain, can't compete

      and the lights were very bright
      they're bound to be on such a night

I ordered wine and cigarettes
I fantasized, dreamed we had met
somewhere long ago and safe
in some protected sweet enclave

     yes the lights were very bright
     they've got to be on such a night

          we drink what we drink
          while we think what we think
          and forget what we've seen
          also what we have been
          you the princess, me the prince
          making our own way inch by inch
          like a princess, like a prince
          inch by inch, yes inch by inch


1989

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten