maandag 21 februari 2011

Love stole me blind

Who'll say what hours and minutes mean
or houses, streets and countries ?
I cannot tell you 'cause since I've been
with you, I've had no peace

The stars, the coffee-grounds they say
we should act upon our dreams
we can't escape love anyway
it dooms while it redeems

       love stole me blind
       it took my time away
       love stole me blind
       it took my mind away
       so cruel and kind

time passes like a lifeless lie
colours pale and fade, then glow
just like the rainbows in your eyes
from which no tear should flow

       refr.

Who'll say what strife will signify
bringing out the best in us
so maybe we can pacify
the pain that's testing us

      refr.

1987. Door Jan V. op muziek gezet. Niet uitgebracht.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten