zaterdag 4 juni 2011

Ships

Come soothe my heart
swathe me in love
tear the shroud apart
go for the treasure throve

     
        Thousands of ships are sailing
         I stand, I watch and
        all I wanna do is hail’em

Smile at my child
yes smile at me
smile on what I hide
what I myself can’t see

        refr.

Laugh at the fool
yes laugh at me
take me back to school
teach me all that I could be

      refr.



                             
                                       Now you’re long gone
                                       the love goes on
                                       seems it runs deeper
                                       and I’m its keeper
                                       right up to the end
                                       than none can forfend


1990

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten