zaterdag 7 mei 2011

Riddles

You've lost your riddles in the sand
and anyway you'll have to travel further
you had your memories at hand
there were so many there to buy them

You've left your riddles in my hand
I really tried so hard to solve them
and on the roadmaps of this land
my cities lay so humbly

    All our weapons we have drowned
    the women all lie sleeping
    around the fires in the night
    where in dreams we put things right

a blind young girl comes out to dance
her meadow is the greenest
a man is betting on the chance
he'll find an answer soon now

       refr.
  

                      you're a snake
                      gliding through the hedge
                      and for days
                      I wait and dredge
                      my mind for facts
                      'pon which to act

13 + 16 sept. 1968

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten