zaterdag 7 mei 2011

The catcher in the rye (jeugdwerk)

I ain't going to cut the grass I know
no don't think I'm gonna waste my time like that
"but whatever we ask you to do you refuse
what is then you would like to do ?"
well I'd love to be the catcher in the rye

A gentle rose is standing in a vase
she doesn't waste any time of her short life
she is beauty for all that can see it
it must be fine to be a rose
but I'd rather be the catcher in the rye

I know many good guys wasting their lives
so do I but I'm no good guy
it would be fine to put a stop to all that
I sure wish I could do it
I'd feel I was the catcher in the rye

I don't think I'm good at too many things
I'm just not much use at all
it would be nice to change things for the better
imagine how that would feel
the catcher in the rye would've caught someone


1966.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten