donderdag 26 april 2012

The game is up



I did cross the sea of sorrow
and I will again tomorrow
life is full of strange goodbyes
now you love and then you die

I am no stranger to deep sadness
and I have flirted with madness
life is full of weird hello’s
then you come and then you go

   This is no spring
   this is no splendour
   still I can sing
   with utmost candour
   of how hearts beat
   in their sweet heat
   until they stop
   the game is up

When you cross the sea of sorrow
you stop thinking ‘bout tomorrow
about hello about goodbye
the only word that’s left is ‘why ?’

I am familiar with badness
and I am no good at gladness
life is full of traps and trials
I want my poison in a vial

       Refr.

                 And this is how the world does work
                 we talk and talk and shape
                 the way we feel the urge
                 to grasp the logic of our days
                 all our longing and our hope
                 all our trying just to cope
                 if we cannot drain that cup
                 well then the game is up


25/4/12
            

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten