vrijdag 20 april 2012

Invisibility blues


Women over fifty complain
“I have become invisible
no man looks at me again
I don’t get requests or nibbles
I’m neglected like a stone
resting in forgotten rivers
I am destitute and alone
I shake and get the shivers”

    Invisibility blues
    you’re bleeped off-screen
    now stomach the bad news
    you will never more be seen
    as an object of desire
    you are left here in the mire
    of invisibility’s blues
    what a painful truth

Men over fifty might find
that they end up just the same
unless they’re rich and resigned
to be chosen for their fame
personality’s no plus
blocks up human interest
the fashion pages that’s not us
and old age is just not blessed

       refr.

                 And we drink
                 and moan and mumble
                 they say we stink
                 and then we stumble
                 home alone
                 and turn to stone


19/4/12

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten