zaterdag 19 november 2011

Communication

A dog can beg for friendship
but can you ? can I ?
a cat can covet kinship
but can you ? can I ?
so much communication
ends in alienation

     Soundbytes, texts and tweets
     nobody really meets
     anyone else no more
     we’re stranded on the shore
     of too much and too little
     and our consciousness turns brittle

A dog can just wag its tail
but can you ? can I ?
a cat just never fails
but then you ? and I ?
fruitless communication
about our destination

      refr.

A dog can beg for walkies
but can you ? can I ?
a cat can come and stalk me
but will you ? and why ?
not much communication
and just no consumation

     refr.

        Coda: Tablet, iphone, ipad
                   things we never had
                   like tenderness, togetherness
                   have now turned into otherness

18/11/11

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten