zaterdag 7 mei 2011

Powdery grey

I love the rain so
I need the sun too
wouldn't miss them for a thing in this world
I hope to see you
don't wanna miss you
wouldn't hurt you for an earthly thing
and oh let hysterical minds rule the world
of let them do their worst
but promise to visit me at times
be sure to come and look at me


I want you to care
let your eye lead me
wouldn't miss it for a thing in this world
I think I know now
oh I am sure now
wouldn't spoil it for a thing in this world
oh let destruction rule its strange land
oh worlds keep drifting apart
but promise to answer me at times
yes to try and touch me


I want to see you
I need to be sure
wouldn't give up for a thing in this world
I think I know now
don't wanna go now
wouldn't leave you for a thing in this world


Juni 1967. Ik werd voor de eerste keer in mijn leven verliefd en dat resulteerde in talloze koortsachtige teksten die weinig structuur of rijm hadden en nog niet in perfect Engels gesteld waren maar waarmee ik wel wekelijks optrad voor bijvoorbeeld een volle Muze e.d. Deze wou ik bewaren als type-voorbeeld, de meeste anderen mogen nu eindelijk naar het liedjeskerkhof bij het oud papier. De titel is ook typisch voor mijn puberale frivoliteit, hij verwijst naar een grapje van in die dagen "What's powdery grey ?" - "Instant elephant !" Woeha.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten