donderdag 23 februari 2012

Goodbye


Take me to that southern city
tell  me this is where he died
the landscape’s gentle like the pity
that his soul was not denied

Some struggles take up too much time
days and weeks and months and years
all without reasom without rhyme
but I know he shed no tears

        You old codger
         you old fart
         sickbed lodger
         boundless heart
         I have come to say goodbye
         or at least I’ll try
         goodbye, and then, goodbye

There must be a mountain village
where we smoke and drink and dance
where we dive into life’s scrimmage
and we always meet perchance

I am not ill there, you’re not dead
jokes are told and then retold
each day is like the day we’ve met
and we simply don’t grow old

       refr.


21/02/2012. In fond memory of Norman Hackett

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten