maandag 16 januari 2012

Merciful wife


It shows in your face
when  you’re about to fade
acquaintances tell you
this is something new
this is something chilling
as you’re in for the killing
you’ve come to the end
and just cannot mend

      Somewhere there’s a river
      a stream that makes me shiver
      it’s where I’ll be delivered
      to my merciless wife
      at the end of my life
      make that my merciful wife
      at the end of my life

The masks are all falling
dark masters are calling
I just long for the spring
and the last song I’ll sing
oh bring the last beaker
to the mouth of the seeker
I’m looking for reasons
in these senseless seasons

     refr.

Hand of fate, on me now
Jagger said it and then how
I feel it in my very blood
and I’m stuck deep in the mud
of doubt and fear, anxiety
I’m a stranger to all piety
the truth is naked, inhumane
still I’ve decided to stay sane

     refr.


14/1/12

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten